|Salary Range:||DOE |
|Benefits:||Comprehensive benefits and 401K|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Retail Store Technology Operation is a business critical support system which includes functional areas such as point of sale, labor management, merchandising systems, and customer experiences within the new Microsoft Retail Stores. The Retail Stores Day to Day Operations team is responsible for managing the implementation and support of technology that is utilized in the flawless operation of these Microsoft Retail Stores as well as the integration into core corporate systems.|
Microsoft Retail Stores Technology Operations is seeking a Server Engineer who will be responsible for owning the management of our Server environment. This position reports to the Lead Operations Manager, Retail Technology Group.
This role will:
• Be responsible for the support of our server infrastructure
• Maintain build standards on Servers and other devices.
• Ensure accurate build records are maintained and tested.
• Responsible for maintaining a set of machines including setup, teardown, and troubleshooting of server machines.
• Other responsibilities include troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
• Respond to issues in a timely manner
• Development of troubleshooting guides and plans to ensure the ongoing flawless operation of the environment.
• Often be the single point of contact for knowledge and support of this specific technical solution
• Exhibit urgency in response to issues and incidents to provide world class support to our customers
|Duties:||The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate most of the following|
• This role requires a detailed understanding of server infrastructure.
• Detailed understanding of applications software, and operating systems required.
• An in depth understanding and real world experience of IT operations and support.
• Experience setting up, installing/upgrading software and operating systems including racking and cabling of servers required.
• Demonstrated trouble-shooting and problem solving skills required.
• Technical breadth and understanding of the Microsoft platform and experience in operations of a Microsoft centric platform is a must.
• In depth understanding of hardware architectures.
• Previous experience troubleshooting complex enterprise environments across the entire architecture (from app to infrastructure)
• Experience in setting up and administering NT domains required. Some testing experience, batch file or other scripting knowledge recommended.
|Qualifications:||Self-Motivated and adaptable learner.|
5+ years Technical Operations or equivalent environments
Excellent oral and written skills.
MCSE certifications would be a plus.
A BA/BS degree in Computer Science or engineering degree preferred
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.