Release Project Manager
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits Package with 401(k)|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||P2 Solutions group is looking for a Content Project manager to work with their client, Microsoft.|
|Duties:||Job Responsibilities include:|
• Managing releases of content per release schedules.
• Publish content stored in GitHub to Umbraco. This involves driving a manually intensive releases to web per documented process
• Use link checking tool to identify and resolve broken links and images on staged and live sites
• Responsible for smooth and timely handoffs of content to Localization team, and publishing the localized content.
• Communicate schedule and release dates to extended content publishing team and project team
• Drive content readiness from content publishing partners per release schedule
• Managing release plans as assigned, including but not limited to:
o Requesting stakeholders to provide necessary information if release plan is incomplete or out of date
o Constantly updating Supply/Demand portal with updated deliverables, dates, release requirements
o Opening TechEase tickets as required to mitigate blocking issues
• Proposing process and tool improvements to Microsoft that result in overall effectiveness and efficiency gains for release process
• Updating the existing tools and release documentation (current Wiki or any future documentation) to reflect changes in the release process.
• Providing weekly status report to Microsoft manager and extended stakeholders
• Communicating clearly, consistently, and respectfully with all internal and external team members.
• Preparing documentation, art, and necessary elements for publishing using DxStudio and other appropriate tools.
• Managing release plans as assigned
• Providing quality assurance, as defined by Microsoft, on all Vendor deliverables.
• Managing time and resources to meet daily business needs and providing advance notification to Microsoft of any known or forecasted resource constraints.
|Qualifications:||• Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills|
• 2 - 4 years release project management experience shipping Microsoft content to market
• Ability to report status to project team and extended stakeholders
• Familiarity with end-to-end software development lifecycle; experience with MSF a plus
• BA/BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• DxStudio experience nice to have
• Experience using GitHub and Umbraco tools
• Experience working with Localization discipline and software build cycles
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.